Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October happenings

I can't believe that we're already into the second week of October.  I still keep thinking we're somewhere near the end of August!  Where did September go???  Seriously, WHERE DID IT GO?

That's OK though.  Many, many great things are happening this month.  Below are a few things that I managed to get together and show:



My little nephew is turning ONE! soon and I had the awesome foresight to put together these small stuffed owls during the end of summer when I wasn't so busy.  I managed to finish them a little while back and now I'm sending them all off to him!  I had made a similar set of these guys for my other nephew, the tutorial can be found here via Moonstitches.  Super fun and easy!  I only wish I could be home to give it to him in person and kiss those oh-so-chubby cheeks!  Happy birthday little man.  :)



The second thing that I'd like to share is a piece that I put together over the last few weeks.  I recently was accepted in this year's Soho Photo's Alternative Process exhibit in New York. Things have been a bit crazy since I needed to get the piece together in time for my flight back to New York this week.  The image is printed as a tea toned Cyanotype on Japanese rice paper.  Edges are hand torn to emphasize the delicate nature of the imagery.  I float-mounted the piece on foam core and then on mat board.  The frame is built from old reclaimed barn wood. 

I really love the frame.  It really is a great compliment to the piece.

Finally, a new image to share via The Jacket series.  I felt it very fitting to photograph in this particular environment since it's the only time of the year that I really wish I were back home in New York to see it's beautiful fall season.  Oh man, how it kicks in my sentimentality.  Pumpkins!  Fall leaves!  Apple Cider!


No comments:

Post a Comment