Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fleeting visions

So I've had this idea for a while. 

Tin Types and my thesis imagery have always had a kind of relationship and connection.  When I first saw some of my midpoint work in tintype, I was really surprised how transported they were from my digital prints that I had made for the committee.  I have always wanted to express this idea of something non-concrete, something fading and a kind of fleeting moment with the work.  I have felt that the topic of my Korean heritage was something that wasn't ever stable but rather fleeting and transient. 

The end result of these images were something of a mistake actually.  I was washing some bad plates in the hot water and I noticed the way the imagery was melting off the plate.  And I really liked that. 

And I really like these.








No comments:

Post a Comment