Monday, November 7, 2011

Yin Yang Bag



Remember that scrap leather I bought over the weekend?  Here's how I used it.  I made a new tote bag!  This bag was followed by Renske's Minimalist Tote Bag on Design *Sponge

I had always admired the simplicity of the bag and it's classic clean lines and colors.  I decided to create my bag out of a heavy duty canvas that can withstand the use of daily wear.  The outer shell is an ivory cream color and the lining is a dark navy blue.  The handle and bottom of the bag are made from the softest leather that I found in a scrap bin at a fabric store.  I also worked with rivets and eyelets for the first time.  It's not as scary as I had thought it would be.

This bag is simple to make but looks so sophisticated with it's rich materials and lining.  I'm absolutely in love with the end result and will be creating a bunch more that will be incorporated with a final photography project to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment