Thursday, March 29, 2012

A gift

I admit it.


I am a spine bender.
A dog ear-er. 
A page smell-er.  
A book lover.


I'm not sure I have mentioned this on my blog, but this semester I decided to take a shot at book binding.  The class is pretty intense and I am learning so much on honing the craft of fine art books.

Yesterday was a friend's birthday and I had assembled a simple accordion fold book filled with some beloved cocktail recipes.

I've tried most things from simple one-page fold books, three-hole binding, hardcover assembly, Coptic binding, etc.  It's fun and magical.  Thom teases me that I leave every Monday morning for my "arts-and-crafts" class.

There are paper scraps, glue, tiny string bits, and miscellaneous all over my studio space.


I love it.





No comments:

Post a Comment