Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Bad Tiger


A loose edit on some thesis imagery that I'm working on.  I'm sure the editing and outcomes will change over time.  But the idea and concept hold strong.  I've decided to channel back to my storytelling capabilities and reincorporate that back into my thesis.  I have chosen to photo-illustrate Korean children's stories.

The stories are amazing.  (At the least the few that I can find in English!)  So grim and dark but whimsical and enchanting.  Many dealing with adopted children.

This image above illustrates a story of a tiger who becomes blinded by his own ignorance.  In many regards this image reflects my childhood feelings on my Korean heritage.

This kind of tie between the imagery and my personal journey have drawn me further to illustrating Korean stories.

I'm sure there will be many more to come.

1 comment: