Sunday, June 17, 2012

A new series


I've started a new self-portrait series. 

The idea came to me after waking up one morning lying in bed with a Christmas song stuck in my head.  Frosty the Snowman to be exact.  I like the idea of an inanimate object coming to life.  It plays off of the idea of a childhood make-believe friend.  There's a sense of innocence and whimsy.

The series is also influenced heavily by a few of my favorite movies like Forrest Gump, The Artist and Moonrise Kingdom.  These movies gave me a feel for the environment I would be creating my images in.  The time period in Moonrise Kingdom and Forrest Gump are perfect for what I am thinking for this series.  And that beautiful scene in The Artist where Peppy interacts with George Valentin's dress jacket gave me the idea of animating my own.

Also songs.   Turn! Turn! Turn! By the Byrds and The beat goes on by Sonny and Cher to name a couple help me create the mood I am representing.  It also adds to the time era once again.  I'm pretty much stuck in the late '60s for this series.

I'll be posting more images soon but I had to share a couple of them today!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment