Sunday, August 12, 2012

My new haircut

So I went from this:



To this:


A bit of change is in the air!  After a few weeks of complaining of my hair and lack of anything about it, I decided to switch it up a bit.  And when I mean a bit, I mean everything.

I first started out with a complete impromptu dye job before I left for San Francisco.  Can't tell?  Don't worry, neither can anyone else in person.  It was a complete out-of-the-box failure and I think you can see just a touch of dark red/brown in the bright and direct sunlight.

The second change was getting my hair cut professionally.  Being a complete wimp and non-adventurer when it comes to hair styles, I had my roommate introduce me to the best hair stylist in the city, Karl-Heniz Teuber!  Not only is he an amazing hair stylist, but an actor as well.  You might have seen him in that little old movie called Amadeus?  It only won 8 out of the 11 Oscars it was nominated for in 1984...one of which he was given!

When I first timidly asked for a trim, he quickly [and rightfully so!] brushed aside the notion and exclaimed his passion and desire to create a hairstyle and not a trim-up.  So I sat at his chair, looking out at some of the best views of San Francisco (he lives in Pacific Heights) and let the master at his work.

Many thanks to Karl and Kristina for helping me over come the dreary beast that is long hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment