Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Methods (Alternative)


Right before Christmas, I was accepted into the 2013 Kiernan Gallery exhibit called, Methods (Alternative)Christopher James was the juror and he selected one of my thesis images printed as a tri-color gum bichromate.  I really love this image and I am happy to see it gain this kind of attention, especially from Mr. James!  (A fellow alternative process pioneer who has created the ULTIMATE historical/alternative process book!) 

The gallery follows traditional exhibition standards and only allows for black frames and white mats.  Ideally I would have purchased another weathered barnwood frame and I would have float mounted the piece behind glass.  But since I couldn't do that, I opted for a textured black wooden frame and placed the image behind 8-ply off-white mat board.  

I'm happily surprised to find that the image looks great and very finished behind black.




The Kiernan Gallery is located in Lexington, VA.  And the show begins January 30th!  Along with my work are the amazing works of artists that I admire and look up to.  If you get a chance, check out their work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment