Sunday, January 12, 2014

A new planter



Along with my amazing Petzval lens, my package also came with a nifty little camera called La Sardina.  (A wide-angle 35mm tin can camera)  I haven't had much time to play around with this new retro camera but I did end up up-cycling the wooden box it came in.  I've hoarded a bunch of little succulents throughout the year and I've guiltily placed them in the back room as a temporary home.  Thom had suggested to just get rid of them but I couldn't see throwing away such lovely little plants.  A few of them had come from the boutonnieres of all the men in our wedding.  Needless to say, they mean something every time I look at them.

So I drilled a hole in the bottom of the box, lined it with plastic and filled it with dirt.  I planted the succulents and gave it a good watering.  The box now sits proudly on my kitchen table and has become a lovely reminder of grand past memories.

As you can see in a few of these photos, I shot with my new lens.  It definitely takes a bit of practice.  The super shallow depth of field makes it hard to create perfect in focus subject matter but I've slowly been getting the hang of it.

More to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment