Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life In A Day: Stuffed French Toast






All of those delicious things make...





...this.




Today I was able to take a minute, breathe in, breathe out and relax.  And relaxing for me was taking my time and cooking a good meal.  I made a berry compote stuffed sourdough french toast.  

Want to know a nifty little cooking technique? 
 
Maceration.  

 I macerated the strawberries with a little sugar and water.  By mixing the sugar and water with the strawberries I was able to create a natural syrup from the berries, releasing an even more flavorful filling.

Needless to say, after all the food prepping and primping these babies were gone fast.  

Good food to start off this much needed weekend.  I hope that you all are rejuvenating for the next week to come as well.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment