Friday, September 2, 2011

Cream Blouse Refashion





Another refashion because, HEY!  I just can't get enough.  :)

This time around I transformed a woman's large cream blouse made of some questionable material.  (The feel is similar to a taffeta? Plus, it's sturdy, unlike some polyester that is so thin and fragile, it snags on EVERYTHING!)  I kept the placket and pockets original and even reincorporated the collar...though, it is a bit awkward looking since it's short of the placket.

The back yoke is from a different material/left over blouse that I had to use because I ran out of the original fabric.  This actually worked out well and I really like the two tones complimenting each other.

The pattern is from an old McCall's "Made-For-You" series, dated in 1986.  (Pattern #2418)  Eeek!  To think that this pattern came out one year before I was even born!  But I really love the look and feel.

Refashioning has been something of a new love for me.  I like that I can take unwearable items of clothing, sew them up a bit and turn them into a brand new piece.  It's a "quick thrill" since it's so fast to sew one up.  And on top of that, it's cheaper than buying fabric at a store!  Some pieces at the Salvation Army or Goodwill will sell for a couple of dollars or less!

You just can't beat that.  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment