Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Land's End Shoot


Thom and I had the unbelievable opportunity to have our photos taken by our amazing roommate, Kristina, this past warm weekend.  

Being a photographer, I am CONSTANTLY aware of the light.  I wanted to have a shoot somewhere that expressed warmth and love.  Thom wanted somewhere less hectic but I still wanted some place that gave hints of a city, not too far away.  So, with that in mind we went out to Land's End/Sutro Baths area on the West end of the city.  After a few weeks of cold and rainy weather, we were super fortunate to get blue skies and nice light.

I should also mention that my roommate is super woman.  Because I can't believe how great the images are.  Seriously.  Thom and I have been together for four years and I can't find or think of one serious photo of us together that gives such a great representation of us.  She also was able to give me these edits today so that I can send a few out to friends and family!

And even though we ventured out for a more secluded setting, we ended up have quite an audience.  There were curious onlookers and copy-cat posers.  I guess I'm a bit more used to it than Thom, since I take self-portraits a lot.  But I think what I enjoy the most about these photos is that we give in to our personal discomforts and just went with it.  Laughed.  Had fun.  :)

Thank you ever so much again Kristina.  (Please check out my wonderful roommates work here!)











No comments:

Post a Comment