Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feelin Antsy

So lately I've been out of sorts and not really feeling myself.  And no wonder since I haven't held my camera in little over a week.  I should back that up now and premise that by saying that I recently sold my Canon EOS digital 50D camera for a nice upgrade, the Canon EOS digital 5D Mark II!  (This is probably the biggest reason why I haven't posted anything over the past week!)  I really can't wait for this camera to get here!  (Tomorrow)  I really am quite an impatient person.  Impatient of people.  Impatient for answers.  Impatient for my new camera!  But alas, I must wait and try to fill this weekend in with a nice blog post of other fairly interesting things.

Things like the great Chema Madoz.  Or really, rediscovering him again.  I had almost forgotten the famous Spanish surrealist photographer.  I love his very creative and illustrative work.  I love how he makes you look past what is there to what is created in the space of a frame.  Wonderful.  Pure.  And provoking.

And his work really was lovely to look at again.  He always inspires me to create beyond such materialistic restrictions.  A hat is a hat is a hat is not a hat.  Does that make sense?  I suppose what I'm trying to say is that some things can be something beyond their bound definition.  An artist will always and never forget that.






All creative photographs by Chema Madoz

No comments:

Post a Comment