Monday, September 27, 2010

I want to go to there.

This past weekend was one of those great fall-themed kind of weekends.  There was lots of brisk weather, sweater wearing, gathering of friends, homemade applesauce, hot tea and of course pumpkin picking. 

Thom and I had a wedding to attend on Saturday and you would think since I am a professional photographer, that I would remember such important things like a camera...but I didn't.  We were [of course] running a bit late and rushed out the door to drive down to Livonia, New York when I realized that not only did I forget my camera, but the wedding gift!  Whoops.  Well, the gift will have to now be shipped and we ended up having a great time that day anyway, meeting new friends, catching up with old friends, eating and dancing into the night.  A huge congratulations to Nicole and Ben!

Sunday was a bit warmer than Saturday, so we decided to head out and pick some pumpkins at Wickham Farms in Penfield, New York.  Wickham Farms is one of those really awesome kinds of fall places to visit for not only pumpkins and gourds but also apples, preserves, mums, corn mazes, petting zoos, food, etc.  I grew up in Western New York and places such as this are dime a dozen but having never been to Wickham Farms, Thom suggested that it would be a great place to go to for our pumpkins. 

What he also failed to mention was the awesome jump dome that they also had.  Once we pulled up to the place and I saw for the first time the sheer awesome-ness of that jumping dome, instantly I cried out, "I want to go to there!" based from oh-so-funny Liz Lemon played by Tina Fey on 30 Rock.  Every childhood instinct in my being was crying to go on that thing or just to watch the small children being flung up into the heavens and back down on the huge canvas dome.  Sheer awesome-ness.

Needless to say, I had a great time and would recommend those in search of pumpkins to stop by Wickham Farms and perhaps take a jump on the dome.








Later I tried to cut out a pattern for a dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment