Sunday, February 20, 2011

Projects completed, in progress and for the future

A few projects that I've been working on.  I received  a new quilting book the other day in the mail called Fresh Quilting by Malka Dubrawsky and I cannot put it down.  I already completed one of the easier projects, quilted potholders and now I'm about to try my hand at a full blown queen-sized quilt.

I've never sewn a full sized quilt before but I've done a few smaller quilting projects, each slightly modified to make them not a real traditional quilt.  I really don't have any interest in traditional hand quilting but rather modified and modern quilting.  [Or quilting with the sewing machine aka cheating] but hey, I've never felt so pumped for fabric!  I ended up going to Britex on a rainy day and picked out some of the Japanese fabrics I've been coveting.

Over the weekend I put together a dress from fabric I had stashed since living in Rochester.  I'm just about done, just waiting to see where I'd like the hemline to fall.  I really like that I put effort into the dress and added the proper edge stitching and interfacing.  I played around with the collar line too and added a simple drape on the sleeve.  A perfect Easter-like dress.






1 comment: