Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How the local news spurs the usage of things like Cacao!





Before I begin, I think it's important to note the extreme randomness of this post...

Okay, starting today and for the next week or so, Thom's brothers will be visiting all the way from Rochester, New York.  So, to welcome our new guests, I tried the recipe on the Jiff Peanut Butter Jar.  I know, random.  But I promise that there's a reason for such randomness.  You'll see...

The thing is, Thom and I lost our premium cable services from Comcast.  Why might you ask?  Oh, well that's a long and drawn out story on how they just pulled a bait-and-switch on us half way through our contract.  ANYWAY.  Because of Comcast, we lost HBO, HGTV and other important channels and now we're forced to watch local news channels each morning as we drink our coffee and check our emails. 

So, sometimes local news isn't real news. 

It's "fluff" news. 

It's where you find out secret recipes from neighbors, when to find the next town hall meeting and how to vaccinate your dog.  Today, a random woman came on the local news show and talked about chocolate and how it helps your heart.  She kept emphasizing the importance of special dark chocolate, made from...CACAO!  Honestly, if it weren't 8am in the morning, her mentioning Cacao would have ended up to be a drinking game.

So, with Cacao on the brain, I made cookies.  I made the cookies just so I could use my Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips that I randomly bought the other day. 

You see how it all makes sense now? 

I just wanted to further emphasize the fact that I'm using Cacao...it's such a fun word. 

CACAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment