Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thumbelina











These are the images for a final project that I had completed this [now officially over!] spring semester at the Academy of Arts University.  This series is inspired by the story Thumbelina by Hans Christian Andersen and the idea of a small girl living in a very large world.  All humans photographed are of myself and special thanks to Connor for the cat modeling. [ha ha]  Costume was also sewn by yours truly and a special cat modeling tip:  Laser pointer.

It was a great experience working with some new contemporary artists that I've met.  And I am impressed by the school's large amount of resources and support that they have for their students.   I look forward to this summer's classes and continuing my journey towards a MFA in photography.  I'll be looking over my past semester's work and will post a few later.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I am enjoying it. So cute! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! Keep checking back for more updates. :-)

    ReplyDelete