Friday, June 10, 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever





My parents planted strawberries last summer.

They waited patiently for them to grow and mature all year 'round.

Now that it's June and the weather is so hot, the berries couldn't wait until August.  We have been enjoying our first strawberries of the season.  They're warm and fresh when you pick them right off the plant.  Plop them in your mouth and get that sweet taste that only makes you smile for another.

Pick, plop, eat, repeat.

My nephew can't seem to get enough.  He takes one in each hand from me and runs away with his little treasures; juice always dripping down his chin.  Such a simple pleasure of summer.

This weekend I'll be catching up with some old friends, another pleasure that I always associate with summer.  I hope that your week went well and that your weekend only gets better!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous strawberries! Nothing like eating them straight from the source.

    ReplyDelete