Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hexagon Quilt Completed




I started this project sometime in late February and had just finished off the binding today.  I am so happy and proud of starting, creating and finishing my first queen-sized quilt!  Hexagons were quite the challenge and this project would NEVER have been completed in such a quick time if I hadn't had it quilted by machine by the lovely ladies at New Pieces

I love the fabric and simple design.  Choosing a soft gray instead of a traditional muslin back helped create a fresh and modern feel.  I love knowing that I had created something that I will be using and enjoying for years to come.  And of course, this quilt was inspired and created from another quilt made by Malka Dubrawsky in her book,  Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design and Inspiration

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Seriously. Wow. I can't even imagine completing a project this huge and wonderful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Hexagon is one of the hardest to piece together. "we're not worthy...we're not worthy" 8-)

    What's your next project? I now follow you on twitter.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks C, a friend asked me to take her running shirts and make her a t-shirt quilt. So hopefully soon, I'll be starting that.

    LOVE your website btw, amazing purses and clutches!

    ReplyDelete