Friday, August 12, 2011

A simple blouse and quick fix refashion








Now that summer semester is over, I finally got a chance to dig through my fabric and refashion pile to create a couple new looks.  The first project was a simple loose fitting white blouse with roll up belted sleeves.  And yes, the blouse is made out of that wonderful difficult and hard to sew, jersey knit.  I confess that I wanted to try sewing with knit fabric ever since I had successfully sewn the Y-seams for my quilt.  (I arrogantly thought that I could do it all!)  I was completely mistaken in thinking how easy jersey knit would be...nevah, evah again will I use the fabric.  My problem was finding a lot of bunching and puckering where I happened to sew.  Dealing with the stretchiness was a challenge as well.  Give me a cotton blend any day!

The second project was a simple refashion from a Ladies Medium shirt bought at Thrift Town.  I'm on a button-down shirt kick lately.  When I saw this black and white checkered shirt for $1.50, I knew that I would be taking in the sides a bit, moving the cuff and sleeves up and fixing the bottom hem.  Instant button-down shirt gratification.


Of course, none of this would be possible without my annoying trusty sidekick, Connor, keeping me company...or sleeping in my fabric!


4 comments:

  1. Hehe your cat is very cute! Your jersey top turned out lovely. What pattern did you use? I'd love to attempt one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Reana! Thanks, Connor is best cat in the world. (I'm super biased of course) Anyway, I used a NewLook patter #6025, from Joanns. (They're pretty cheap, especially with the 50% off sales going on!) Hope that helps, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jersey blouse. What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm I may have to try it out myself. Even though you've warned against Jersey, I think it's too lovely not to try!

    ReplyDelete