Sunday, August 14, 2011

Simple Sunday

 I met this weekend head on and conquered it like a boss.

I sewed, cooked and juiced my way into a better mood.  I also want to thank all of the people that reached out and supported me from my last post.  It means a lot y'all, I'm touched.


Sundays are always those wonderful days where life slows down and breathes a sigh of relief before the next week rush.  I love walking to my local deli, picking up the Sunday paper and getting to go through the whole thing, front to back, while drinking a nice hot cup of coffee.


 Thom and I have re-ignited our juicing philosophy, so I've been making a few more trips out to local produce stalls and markets.  This past Thursday, I ventured out to the Castro Market on Noe and Market St.  It's small, tidy and humble, but I thought it was plentiful and endearing.


I made a venture out later today to check out Green Apple Books in the Richmond Neighborhood.  Completely overwhelmed by everything that they offered, I ended up finding a used copy of Pride, Prejudice and Zombies for $8.  I'm sure I'll be quite entertained on my flight back to New York.





Later, I caught cooking inspiration from some leftover quinoa, fresh produce and a new tart pan.  I rarely ever eat a meat-free meal but after cooking up the zucchini and tomato ricotta tart, along with a vegetable quinoa, I didn't miss having meat one bit.

All in all, a wonderful and slowed-down Sunday. 

I hope you all enjoyed yours as well!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like such a slacker; but, inspired. I have been cleaning like crazy and trying to simplify my life so I can spend more leisure time in the kitchen making new dishes, read a little more and spend some more quality time with my family. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete